Friday, June 24, 2011

MIssy Elliot Suffering from 'Graves disease'


Rapper Missy Elliot who has been away from the rap scene for sometime now revealed that she has been battling an illness called 'Graves Disease'.“I was (driving and) trying to put my foot on the brake, but my leg was jumping. I couldn’t keep the brake down and almost crashed… I couldn’t write because my nervous system was so bad – I couldn’t even use a pen.”
She says that she also experienced hair loss and mood swings, and turned to radiation therapy to improve her condition.
“I’m 30 pounds lighter because I’ve been exercising. My thyroid is functioning, so I haven’t had to take medication in about nine months. (But) you live with it for the rest of your life.”
Wow!!!! You never know what people are going through silently. Hope she gets well soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment