Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Halle Berry Talks About What Race She Wants Her Daugther To Identify With In Ebony Magazine



             Oscar winning actress Halle Berry is on the March 2011 edition of Ebony magazine.In it she talks about what race she wants her daughter to identify with, her dating white men and other issue.Excerpts
On dating outside her race
“Well, first thing I want to say is that I’m very connected to my community and I want black people to know that I haven’t abandoned them because

more after the jump
I’ve had a child with a man outside of my race and I’m dating someone now outside of my race who is Spanish and French. I have never been more clear about who I am as a black woman. The people I have dated sort of hold up a mirror to me and help me realize more of who I really am.”
On Nahla’s identity
“I feel like she’s black. I’m black and I’m her mother and I believe in the one-drop theory. I’m not going to put a label on it. I had to decide for myself and that’s what she’s going to have to decide – how she identifies herself in the world. And I think, largely, that will be based on how the world identifies her. That’s how I identified myself. But I feel like she’s black.”

Halle Berry Talks About What Race She Wants Her Daugther To Identify With In Ebony Magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment