Friday, April 8, 2011

Eva Longoria Talks 'Heartbreaking' Divorce From Tony Parker (VIDEO)


Eva Longoria couldn't hold back her tears Thursday night when she spoke candidly about the humiliation she suffered following the very public demise of her over three-year marriage to Tony Parker.
The "Desperate Housewives" star appeared on "Piers Morgan Tonight" to promote her new cookbook, but ended up speaking about her "heartbreaking" experience for the first time in public.
She admitted to feeling "a bit" embarrassed by the split, mostly "because it had to play out so publicly … It was devastating to go through on its own, much less publicly."
"Marriage in my family is really a sacred sacrament," the actress, 36, said. "It wasn't something we did frivolously. And our mantra was: Divorce is not an option. We always would kid about that: 'I'll kill him

more and watch the video after the jump

before I divorce him!' I guess the relationship ran its course"
Parker and Longoria were married for over three of the seven years they were together. "It was disappointing because I had such an identity in being Mrs. Parker and being a wife. When that's taken away from you, you go, 'Who am I?'" she added.
Despite how the two fell apart, Longoria said she doesn't ever second guess her decision to tie the knot, or to pull the plug on her marriage.
"I do not regret getting married nor do I regret getting divorced," she said.
Longoria refrained from discussing the cheating claims, but said she has reached a stage of forgiveness that makes her look past what went wrong in her relationship to Parker.
"So many people want me to hate him, want me to destroy him. But I don't, I wish nothing but the best for him," she said. "I want him to be happy. He's not a bad person. I do believe in forgiving and forgetting."
Following their split, the exes continued to make headlines when they were spotted sharing several friendly meals in Los Angeles and Texas. But any possibility of a reconciliation seems to just be tabloid fodder – Longoria has been dating Eduardo Cruz, the younger brother of actress Penelope, since January. 
"A really good friend of mine said, 'Hold onto the love and not the loss,' " Longoria said. "There was a reason why we got married, there was a reason why we fell in love, there was a reason why we were together seven years. I just choose to hold onto that."
In November, Longoria's fairy tale marriage to her NBA star husband abruptly ended amid allegations of his infidelity with a former teammate's wife. Their divorce finalized in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment