Friday, April 1, 2011

Secure Their Future....Vote

As  I lay down thinking about life, events around me ….my country,  i drift down memory lane, to how things used to be. When everything was cheap….Save for talk. When you would have a little and be content. When you could work, travel and settle anywhere you wanted to in the country without fear of being harassed, intimidated or even killed. When I would wake up to constant power without the noise and environmental pollution of a generating set. When my mum will
more after the jump
send me on an errand down the street without fear of being kidnapped or even intimidated.
When I never knew what ‘Egunje” was because I never saw anyone ask for it. My innocence about what life really is was not taken from me prematurely because Nigeria was a pleasant place.
  Oh!! Those were the days and I miss them dearly. There was love , peace and stability.   Sometimes I wonder what will become  of the generation after us, the generation we are supposed to protect. Will they have the same basic things I had? Will their innocence of the world not be robbed prematurely by the harsh reality of growing up in Nigeria.
            Are they going to be guaranteed quality education. Will they be able to go out of the country with a sense and feeling of pride without being unfairly dubbed ‘fraudsters’ and ‘Criminals’ by virtue of their nationality?
            As these thoughts run through my mind, I realize we owe it to them to protect their future. Not just trying our best as parents or guardians to provide for their every need but to ensure that credible leaders, who are  dedicated to the growth and prosperity of this great nation are elected. The only way I can ensure that this happens is to ensure that credible leaders , with a track record of integrity,who are dedicated to the growth and prosperity of this great nation are elected. The only way I can do this is to vote. Yes my vote counts and will go a long way in shaping the future of the children.
            You can give your child the best things of life, take him round the world, but if you do not help build and give them a country they will be proud of then you have given them nothing.

Choose credible leaders. Cast And Protect Your VOTES because they Count.




Yeoal.

No comments:

Post a Comment