Sunday, April 10, 2011

"All My Dreams And Hers Are Gone" ....... Father Of Slain Corper


  "My daughter had promised me that after her NYSC, she would build a comfortable place for me to live in with members of my family here in Kwamba because where we are staying is no longer very comfortable.
“This girl I have hoped and prayed will become a very important person in the society to assist us since I had suffered to train her and her sisters through school with my little earnings as a motor mechanic. But now all my dreams and hers are gone all because these girls were trying to

read more after the jump
earn a little more to assist us”.
            These were the heart-rending words of Mr Julius Akande, a 65 year old auto mechanic. His daughter, Victoria Akande, a graduate of office technology and management form Federal Polytechnic Bida, was one of those who lost their lives in the Suleja INEC bomb blast which occurred few hours before  the house of representative  and senatorial elections yesterday.
  Akande said he was lucky not to have lost three out of his four daughters as the eldest (late Victoria) offered to go to the INEC office to check their posting for the election while the others remained at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment