Saturday, March 5, 2011

Music Legend Phil Collins To Quit Music Due to Health Problems

 
      His back hurts from a dislocated vertebra. He's lost some of his hearing. Nerve damage makes it hard for him to hold his drumsticks.The decades of rock

more after the jump

and roll have taken their toll on Phil Collins – both the wear-and-tear on his body and the pain from the constant barbs from critics.
  After seven Grammys, 13 hit singles and an Oscar for a song from Disney's Tarzan, he's decided to call it quits from the music industry.
"I don't really belong to that world and I don't think anyone's going to miss me," Collins, 60, tells FHM, according to Time magazine. I'm much happier just to write myself out of the script entirely."
 Collins, who lives in Switzerland, adds: "I'm sorry that it was all so successful. I honestly didn't mean it to happen like that. It's hardly surprising that people grew to hate me."

No comments:

Post a Comment