Thursday, May 19, 2011

Beyonce Names Fela As Her Inpiration.....Discloses How She Got Her Album Title 4



FELA
Remember it was reported here that beyonce sais she is inspired by the late Nigerian Legend Fela. Well in a recent billboard interview the star revealed that she felt Fela's music is sexy..........
“I recorded more than 60 songs: everything I ever wanted to try, I just did it. I started off being inspired by Fela Kuti. I actually worked with the band from “Fela!” for a couple of days, just to get the feel for the soul and heart of his music; it’s so sexy, and has a great groove you get lost in. I loved his drums, all the horns, how everything was on the one. What I learned most from Fela was artistic freedom: he just felt the spirit.”
The singer whose latest album 4 is expected to hit shelves on June 28  revealed that a fan helped her choose the title of her latest album.
.She  decided on 4 as the title after a fan named Shykeem Smith
more after the jump
suggested it to her. It made perfect sense as both her and husband Jay-Z’s birthdays are on the 4th, so is their wedding anniversary, and this is her 4th studio album

If the release date is not pushed this will be her second album she is releasing in June. Her debut album 'Dangerously in love' was also released  in june out of her 4 albums.  Nice!!.






No comments:

Post a Comment