Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Age Controversy trails Actress UCHE JOMBO'S the-future-awards nomination....


    The future awards recently nominated actress uche jombo in the best actress
award category and all hell has broken loose.The reason is that the future awards
does not nominate anyone over 32yrs of age and

More after the jump
some people have petitioned the awards
committee that Uche Jombo is not 31yrs old as published by the future awards but 42yrs
old.!!!
    The outcry by some people who claim to know her was  so much that i contacted
the awards committee and this is what they had to say through the creative director Chude Jideonwo.
    ''.“We certainly have had more than a few complaints about the ages of one or two nominees.
We sincerely appreciate those reactions and the fact that people feel so strongly about this
awards process confirms to us that people believe in what we are doing Over the years we have had to withdraw the nominations of a few nominees who have been unable to prove their actual ages; indeed The Future Awards is one of  the very few processes that actually demands proof of nominees’ claims.“However, it is to be noted that nominees have submitted legal documents that corroborate the ages they have given. And unless complainants are able to direct us to documents and evidence that disprove them, we have no choice but to respect legally admissible proofs''.

Uche's Response..............
    ''My age is my business and no one else',that i don't talk about my age is because its not important.
over the years i have heard all sorts of number attributed to me but i have kept quiet because those who
matter know how old i am.The future awards always verifies age before they accept nomination, people
should leave me alone and face their lives and work because i face my work and mind my business.
if i am 42,what does that make my mum?my mum is 52yrs old so will that mean she was twelve years
old when she had me her third child?
I was born on december 28,1979.my immediate older sibling was born in 1977 and my immediate younger
sibling was born in 1981.i presented enough facts to show my real age so i don't see why people are
petitioning the awards committee.are they the ones who gave birth to me?i don't really respond to some
certain things but this time it seems silence isn't golden.this is the fact,i am 31yrs old on my next birthday:
those spreading the wrong number should get their mathematics right.i have said enough on this issue,now
let me get back to work,i am on location right now,this is so annoying but i just refuse to get angry,instead
i say merry Christmas to all my fans''.
Uche's mum had this to say.....
       ''all these reporters please get your facts right,i had uche in 1979,december 28th.;the people who are
saying shes older,were they there with me on this day when i was in labour?''.
Due to the brouhaha,the future awards had to specially Verify Uche's age two times and they stand on their
ground with the facts presented to them and the actress is up for the best actress awards category!

Source.....dimokokorkusstella

No comments:

Post a Comment